The client, an iconic Australian manufacturer, required fire protection for the network of valuable cable systems traversing through their expansive industrial premises for asset protection and insurance purposes.
The svt Pyro-Safe DG-CR cable wrap has now been supplied by Trafalgar Fire for the past 7 years. This system overcame a number of limitations that the previously used ablative based cable coating system presented, namely allowing the moving and adding of cables at any time.
- Retro-fit required. Existing cable systems had previously been treated with an ablative based cable coating, that had in sections been removed to add or move cabling.
- Future proof. System had to allow for future cabling requirements, should additional cables be added, removed or moved.
- Minimal disruption. Solution had to be clean and fast to apply, so as to minimise disruption to operations.
- The svt Pyro-Safe DG-CR cable wrap supplied by Trafalgar Fire was retro-fitted around existing cable system by an electrical contractor, without having to clean the existing cabling.
- Unlike spray coating, the system could be installed without closing off any areas for masking or clean up, allowing the client to continue operations effectively undisturbed.
- As the svt Pyro-Safe DG-CR cable wrap is easily removed in sections, it satisfied the client’s requirement of being able to move or add cables at any time in the future.
- Manufactured by svt, a leading full-service provider in the field of passive structural fire protection in Europe, the system’s high quality and internationally recognised testing assured the client that their premises were compliantly protected, reducing insurance costs and risks.
- The client expressed gratitude for Trafalgar Fire’s ability to provide the required svt Pyro-Safe DG-CR cable wrap even at the height of the Covid period.
Click the button below to download this case study for easy reading and printing.