Fire rated access panels have remained relatively unchanged since the 1990’s – until now. With changes to the NCC requiring all test or assessment reports to be to AS1530.4:2014 as of May 2022, the FyreSHIELD range represents the new generation of fire-rated access panels.
Tested to the current standard for -/60/60 and -/90/30 FRL’s, and “NCC 2022 ready”, with testing in Hebel, Speedpanel, Plasterboard, Concrete/Masonry and now Pronto Panel, the FyreSHIELD ticked all the boxes for compliance on the project.
- Full insulation required without requiring any back blocking or additional work
- Testing to AS1530.4:2014 required
- 60mm Pronto Panel walls had not previously been tested with access panels
- -/60/60 FRL had not been achieved for a hinged access panel previously
- Fire resistance in both directions had to be astested
- The required 600 x 600mm size had to be as-tested
- Identified that no fully compliant access panel solution existed for the site, and that timelines did not permit any assessment or performance solution
- Worked with our clients and the builder to confirm requirements and construction details, to ensure the end result would meet the needs of all stakeholders
- Improved existing designs to ensure a -/60/60 rating in testing
- Tested the access panel in record time (initial enquiry to tests completed in two weeks), in both directions, achieving the full rating required
- Delivered the first batch of products to site on time to ensure construction was not held up
- Delivered a -/60/60, hinged, two way, fully tested and compliant fire-rated access panel to our customer
Click the button below to download this case study for easy reading and printing.